Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Drag and drop project

Drag and drop project

I have just downloaded the latest beta onto a windows machine.

Drag and drop pjx file to files explorer, the box with heading Files, on the main app page in app builder.

Nothing happens

What am I doing wrong ?

David

Lianja Support Team lianjasupport's Avatar
    Drag it into the "Files" panel of the "Apps" workspace. It will import the scx, vcx, prg files and the code will then be available for editing or customizing into Lianja.

Are you sure you have beta9R6 installed? Look at the home page (App Center) at the version and date in the bottom right hand.

If nothing happens then look in the "Console" workspace as this (plus .dbc file import) is all working on my machine here.

hello
    Even I try to import FORMS, PROJECT nothing to do ! I have a very simple form (standard VFP) an drag on FORM FILES on APP CENTER
    I see that there is an import PRG for FORMS. How can I run it ? From console with "DO ..."
    If yes the new form where is create ? How can I see it ? Modify and so on..
    I think that you must give more details about import project, forms and class. It's very important for us this tool !
    Thanks a lot !

Yes this is beta9R6

I drag the pjx file onto the section that says files and has folder images with names such as Form Files, Class Files etc

Drop it there and noting happens

Create an "App" with whatever name you want.

Drag the .pjx file (or .scx or .vcx file) onto the "Files" panel and it will import the .scx and .vcx files creating .scp and .vcp files. These are just normal .prg files with a special extension to distinguish them from normal .prg files. You can now double-click on them and edit them.

You can then see what works and what does not in those forms and class libraries.

Class libraries are nothing special, just use SET PROCEDURE TO name.vcp to make the classes available.

Forms are just .prg files so just DO FORM name.scp

Yes created app first

Drag and dropped pjx nothing happens.

Tried form scx files again nothing happens

Then found the issue

Needed to extend the size of the app page so that in the files section I had space below teh folder images, dropped pjx onto there and it is now importing

Ah. Ok we will look into that issue. Sounds like dropping onto an existing file is not propagating upwards to the tree,

Exact same problem. Drag/drop .SCX files on an existing app (Files section) and nothing happens. I can't get any import to happen at all no matter what/how I try with drag/drop.

Ok, dragging to space under all the folders in the Files section does work. Not real intuitive, I'd expect to be able to drop on the appropriate folder (Form Files). Also got errors that the .SCX file was already open. Did a CLOSE DATA ALL in the console window and drag to under the all the folders and it worked.
    Last edited by ftaylor; 2012-08-20 at 14:17. Reason: More info

Drag and drop onto an "blank" area (as stated above) there seems to be issue with dropping onto nodes of the tree.

It does not appear to import parent classes.

For example I have a form based on Class A, this has a parent B, that has a parent C and so on to about 5 levels

I get A imported into the project but not B, C, D etc