Thread: select which database to use on an app

select which database to use on an app

I was wondering, how can I access with an app the same database that was defined in said application in database, which is installed in different paths or routes or logical units by giving opendatabase through a macro, this to make it dynamic when selecting said database, this without changing the attribute or
    name in the original database section. In other words I want to access the same name of databases in different directories with the path when opening the database with opendatabase.

I want to do this by installing and selecting in the page center calling those applications the data of the route where the information is located in the same database name, leaving this path in a global variable that can be assumed by the apps that integrate it by giving it opendatabase with a macro in the
    selected path.

Options for specifying a different database can be found here:

Database Tenancies

This includes:
    Database Tenancies
    Database Switcher
    Lianja.switchDatabase() method
    Lianja.openApp() method + database parameter
    App Tile URL + database parameter
    Runtime database App Setting

Regards,

Yvonne

So is it possible to select a database in execution time and therefor change the tables on the grid automatically as well?

What Iīm looking for is that any user can be able to select a database from a list in the same app, What I understood from your post is that for each user thereīs a certain database, and thatīs not what I was expecting. Is there a way to do what I previusly mention?

Thank you for your reply,

Karla Esponda
    Last edited by karlaesponda01; 2021-12-20 at 11:01.

Hi Karla,

Look at Database Switcher on the Database Tenancies page - that allows selection.

Regards,

Yvonne

Hi, I already use whats mentioned in the documentation, but I found an attribute that is useful itīs called "runtime database", however, I was wondering, how can I change that attribute by coding in execution time?

Lianja MVP
    Hi Karla,

That's what database tenancies do. The database the user "hits" is based on the Domain associated with the user login.

The database switcher allows the user, from inside an application, to switch the database being used.

If those 2 capabilities won't do the trick, I would suggest you lay out the sequence of events you want to happen so there is something concrete for those of us reading the post to go on.

thanks,

Hank