Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread: install, config, connect?

install, config, connect?

There are 3 workstations (2xwin10, 1xwin7) running AppCenter. The applications are on a common drive (debian + samba). The --runtimedir parameter of the AppCenter launcher icon is the same on all three machines. I connect to samba from all three workstations with the same username, and the Lianja login is also the same. An AppCenter dashboard (for a win10) still appears blank.
    According to smbstatus, all three machines open the same files ... what else can I check and configure?
    Last edited by strato; 2020-10-12 at 07:04.

Hi Strato,

Try a right-click on the App Center page and it should give you access to the Web Inspector so you can check for any errors or anything unexpected in the files it is accessing.

If right-click does not respond, edit the appcenter.rsp body tag to stop the oncontextmenu returning false, e.g. change 'oncontextmenu' to '_oncontextmenu'.

Regards,

Yvonne

Thanks Yvonne!

Quote Originally Posted by yvonne.milne View Post
    If right-click does not respond, edit the appcenter.rsp body tag to stop the oncontextmenu returning false, e.g. change 'oncontextmenu' to '_oncontextmenu'.
    right-click doesn't respond .. I found this line: <body id="mainbody" _oncontextmenu='return false;'> ... do You mean this one?
    ... should I change 'return false;' to '_oncontextmenu'??

Hi Strato,

No, that should be allowing the right-click as it is. Are you sure it is accessing the file you think it is?

Regards,

Yvonne

Hi, Yonne,
    I don't know if this is a file access problem or something else (should i use web inspector to find out?)
    On the three machines, after login, this is how AppCenter appears, and in the meantime I used smbstatus to see what files are being opened. I see that each machine has access to the files in the same way. (smbstatus dump in the .txt file next to the images)
    Name:  96.jpg
Views: 201
Size:  16.7 KB96.txtName:  176.jpg
Views: 240
Size:  23.4 KB176.txtName:  177.jpg
Views: 251
Size:  24.1 KB177.txt

Hi Strato,

96 is not picking up appcentertiles.prg which is an include in appcenter.rsp, but I do not currently see why this would be the case for 96 and not for the others. Are you able to access the Web Inspector? Have you tried the login multiple times, or was this just one occasion where you logged in all 3 clients?

Regards,

Yvonne

Hi Yvonne,
    no, I can't reach Web Inspector (so I should have changed something in appcenter.rsp). Yes, I tried several times, usually separately, one after the other. The same thing always happens on all three machines (177, 176 works, 96 doesn't)

appcenter directory now looks like thisls_appcenter.txt

Hi Strato,

Can you delete appcentertiles.dbo then log in again from 96. See if that has any effect and check if appcentertiles.dbo has been recreated.

Regards,

Yvonne

I deleted, exited, logged in-out...nothin; restarted AppCenter, logged in - appcentertiles.dbo was not re-created