Thread: activex

activex

How can I create and activex object like MSXML parser engine in windows enviroment.

Lianja Support Team lianjasupport's Avatar
    Juan, because Lianja is written using Qt there are several XML Parsing solutions that we can expose to our VFP compatible scripting language. Please google this "qt xml parsing example", and have a look at the various ways XML can be parsed with the Qt framework. Let me know what you prefer as we can make any qt classes available to VFP scripting, and it's cross platform.

What exactly is it you are wanting to do with XML? Explain your requirements. We have tried to say away from platform specific technologies such as activex as this will make your apps tied only to windows and you lose the benefit of cross platform deployment including web and mobile.

Exactly I want the capacity of manipulate data represented in XML standard or maybe to create my data models in XML abstracting of platforms, operating systems and application languages and tons of other things in the context of this universally accepted standard, for this the necessity to reference standard parser engines in each platform where the application run.
    For this reason I repeat my answer, what kind of API we can reference to process DOM XML documents in windows, linux, OS, … from lianja scripting languages.

Let me investigate what we can make available and expose in Lianja that will be the same on all platforms. There are a few options.

Lianja Development Team barrymavin's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Question View Post
    Exactly I want the capacity of manipulate data represented in XML standard or maybe to create my data models in XML abstracting of platforms, operating systems and application languages and tons of other things in the context of this universally accepted standard, for this the necessity to reference standard parser engines in each platform where the application run.
    For this reason I repeat my answer, what kind of API we can reference to process DOM XML documents in windows, linux, OS, … from lianja scripting languages.
    We've decided to provide OLE/ActiveX support in the final release on Windows.

It will be available in beta8 now ahead of schedule.