Thread: Deployment on a LAN server doesn't show copied data

Deployment on a LAN server doesn't show copied data

Dear All,
    I'm trying to deploy my app on my production server where I already installed the cloud server and shared the public tenancy folder.
    The deployement log show that all data where copied successfully but nothing was written on the server. The production server is running Win 2k8 server R2.
    Below are some last lines of the logfile
    ---
    Copying Selected Library files.
    Copying file 'C:\Lianja\library\report.rsp' to 'd:\Lianja\cloudserver\tenants\public\library\repo rt.rsp'
    Copying file 'C:\Lianja\library\report.rsp' to 'd:\Lianja\cloudserver\tenants\public\wwwroot\libr ary\report.rsp'
    Copying file 'C:\Lianja\library\login_forgot_password.rsp' to 'd:\Lianja\cloudserver\tenants\public\library\logi n_forgot_password.rsp'
    Copying file 'C:\Lianja\library\login_forgot_password.rsp' to 'd:\Lianja\cloudserver\tenants\public\wwwroot\libr ary\login_forgot_password.rsp'
    Copying file 'C:\Lianja\library\login_learn_more.rsp' to 'd:\Lianja\cloudserver\tenants\public\library\logi n_learn_more.rsp'
    Copying file 'C:\Lianja\library\login_learn_more.rsp' to 'd:\Lianja\cloudserver\tenants\public\wwwroot\libr ary\login_learn_more.rsp'
    Deployment completed successfully.
    ----
    Regards,

Esperant

Lianja MVP
    Hi Esperant,

If you mapped your server drive to drive D:, than it is copied OK.
    From log file, I suspect all is copied to (development) local drive D:
    Good structure but wrong drive, I think.
    You can check your local drive D: .

You should map your server drive to X: or something and set it to copy to X:

I could be wrong, but...this is my first impression.

Josip
    Last edited by josipradnik; 2016-04-14 at 07:37.

Josip,
    You were right, copy have made to the local d: disk.
    But it is very strange the way the deployement is done. Last time I built an exe file to deploy on my laptop (developement environmenet) unfortunately, I included the APP center and when I installed the deployment package, the application failed and I couldn't have access to my App until a fresh re-install of the APP builder.
    The same thing happened to me after deletion of the deployed files in the d: drive, I couldn't access anymore to the APP builder (Not the application) until the fresh re-install of the APaasDevelopper.
    My question is how one can deploy a complete application with APP center center, virtual tables access to a LAN repository (shared folder) in order to make sure that everything is fine prior to deploy in the the production environment?
    There are some tests to do before the application is delivered to the customer mostly for Role/access which is not possible to test in development environment, virtual table which is create locally and must be deployed on live servers, for which data are not refreshed correctly in developement environment.
    Thant you for your guidance.

Regards,

Esperant

Lianja MVP
    HI Esperant,

If you map network drive to a letter and use this letter in deployment, all will be fine.

Here is a collection of deployment issues which may help:
    http://www.lianja.com/community/show...s-Deployment-1
    http://www.lianja.com/community/show...s-Deployment-2
    (dont ask why I open 2 threads: I was puzzled with limitation of 10000 characters by forum post and the number of allowed pictures, so I created 2 threads then).

Josip

Thank you Josip.
    I'll try to put things together this weekend and deploy my app again.
    I just want to know once I deploy the app on the mapped drive of the server, how I could access my app through the APP center on my laptop which I used as developement environment? Because many functions in the app are based upon role/access defined in lianja system files.
    Also, I would like to know in the case that the shared folder on the server is mapped to the desktop environment; what will be the connection string to define for virtual tables deployment?

Regards,

Esperant

Lianja MVP
    Hi Esperant,

I suppose you studied well this article: http://www.lianja.com/doc/index.php/...nd_Web_Clients and adapted it for your own topology.
    Also the Command Line Switch http://www.lianja.com/doc/index.php/..._Line_Switches

Josip