Thread: INSERT SELECT statement "Internal error - sql_select_into_memvar()"

Threaded View

INSERT SELECT statement "Internal error - sql_select_into_memvar()"

Hi all, I hope this is the correct subforum.

I'm trying to copy the contents of one database into another. I am using javascript,the exact code is:

Code:
    Lianja.execute("INSERT INTO table1 SELECT * FROM table2
    Table2 has been created by invoking the "COPY STRUCTURE" command on table 1, so the structures are exactly the same. This methodology works in another app I built (different database), adding to the strangeness. When I attempt to use this command in my current app, though, I see the error mentioned in the title in the console. The error is called on the last field in the table. I even rebuilt the entire database from scratch in Lianja - it was originally imported - and STILL get the same error.

Further info:
    • When I replace table2 with table1 in the code, thus copying from itself, it still spits out the same error
    • Using INSERT-VALUES on these tables works totally fine
    • using SELECT on these tables by itself works totally fine. Using SELECT into ARRAY, however, encounters Fatal system error (sql_select_convert_row_array() column=4 type=F) on the final field.
    • If I change the order of the fields in the tables, it always encounters the error on the final field.
    • The error occurs on two tables in the database and on no others. I can't see anything that separates the tables that work and the ones that don't.

What's going on? I can't seem to find this error anywhere on the net.

I'm using 2.1beta1 right now for context.

Thanks for the help.
    Last edited by jmartyr; 2016-02-01 at 23:39.