Thread: Using (Foxpro) functions filetostr and strtofile in a Webapp

Using (Foxpro) functions filetostr and strtofile in a Webapp

Using (Foxpro) functions filetostr and strtofile to read and write a specific file (f.e. e:\xxx\yyy\z.txt) on my server is ok in DeskApp but not in WebApp.
    Error message: File not exists. Error number: 15

Is it not possible to use these functions in a Webapp?

Thanks Georg

Lianja MVP
    Hi Georg,

filetostr() will run where the code runs, which is on the server, not on the client. Could that be the issue? If so, more details follow.

You can upload a file using networkrequest (http://www.lianja.com/community/show...load-in-Lianja) Here's a thread for further reference: http://www.lianja.com/community/arch...hp/t-3027.html

Note that you can upload a file from the user's desktop into a data file using the Attachments section, and then can run filetostr() on the memofield using mtos() .

hth,

Hank

>> filetostr() will run where the code runs, which is on the server, not on the client. Could that be the issue? <<

Thank you, Hank!

The file I want to read / write is (later on) on the server. This time, I check it with the server delivered with the Lianja App Builder. Maybe I should transfer the App to my server?

Bye Georg

Lianja MVP
    Hi Georg,

assuming you have deployed the app to the server on the APaaS, and are calling the filetostr() through a call on the server (using Lianja.evaluate() from the JavaScript, or using an .rsp page) there should be no issue.

Hank

Thank you Hank, strengthened my intention. Now it's ok.

Maybe the reason was I accessed a shared drive on Linux system (working with Windows in a VirtualBox)

Georg